On Thursday night, Tyler was in the bath and playing with a porcelain mug. We've used it to wash his hair for the past year or so and he always plays with it. Well, this night he dropped it and it hit the side of the tub, shattering it in two. On the way down, a sharp edge hit his thigh and really gashed him. We rushed him to the doctor and he got 9 stitches. They have a gel now that numbs the area so they don't have to get a shot. But that didn't work. As they started to stitch him up, he was obviously in some serious pain. He ended up getting the shot anyway. Once that kicked in, he said, "Watch Nemo!" He was pretty brave. But what's so funny is that he cannot even look at it now. It always needs to be covered up and he won't let us see it. He starts to cry as soon as he sees it. We've discovered early that we don't have a doctor in the making. :)
10 comments:
so sad! And to think I just babysat him taht day! He is such a stinkin cutie!
Stitches are no fun! You feel so bad for them! We get Brynleys staples out tomorrow..Yikes again! I think I'll send Brandon with her and I'll stay home, I hate watching her cry! It makes me feel so bad! What a cutie not wanting to see it though! Good luck!
poor guy. i hate to see my children hurt.
My mom told me about that. Poor little guy. That is so sad. Give him a kiss from us.
What a bummer!!!! It is bound to happen at some point in teir life and you may as well get it out of the way early!!! HEHEHE! I say that because both of my kiddos have had broken arms already.
Im so sorry! thats to bad for the lil guy! ypur blog is way cute to! thx!
Using a porcelin mug SO doesn't sound like YOU! Poor dude. I hate ER visits...we've had plenty.
OUCH! He got that good. Poor little guy. Those stitches are no fun. Hopefully this will be his first and his LAST!
wow, I feel so out of the loop ;-) sorry to hear, stitches are never fun. hope he's doing ok now! anything else I'm missing? :D
Poor Tyler. I'm glad he's okay. Hey I found your blog and made a link on mine. I hope that's okay.
Post a Comment